Pazo de os Calotes
The Pazo was built in 1628 and the chapel in 1630 and was ordered by Don Juan de Santiago Figuieroa. who contracted the master stone worker Juan de Oliveira. The coat of arms of the building is divided into 4 sections: three of them have the arms of noble families of the time: The Moscoso; Pimentel and Figuieroa and the fourth to this date has not been identified. The coat of arms is catologued as national heritage of Galicia.
The main building has five arches and a continuos balcony with a stone balustrade.
It has been rehabilitated as a hotel and has all the neccesary licences and permits fron The Patrimonio and the Xunta de Galicia.
It consists of a 8 m2 cellar divided into three areas; two independents as changing rooms and showers for male and female workers and the third area as a storeroom whatismore it has been prepared with
The lower level has a built surface of 434m2 and is divided into four large salons two of which can be joined to hold 140 diners, kitchen, entrance , a bedroom for invalids toilets and a porch.
The second level has the same surface area; it is composed of a large living room with chimeny for the guests; an office; a passage distributing off to the 8 bedrooms (with room for two more) all with large bathrooms and the stone balcony.
The attic measures 141 m2 and is divided into three bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and a preinstalation of a kitchen that could be converted easily into another bedroom a landing as do other levels at the same time it has a lift with capacity for six people as do other floors.
When restoring the wood used has been chestnut and teak. The floors are solid wood and the windows are teak. The heating ventilation system throughout the building is geothermic which saves a great deal of energy compared to traditional sistems.
The chapel; its surface is 158m2 and it has a small elevated section of 17 m2.
The roof is made out of large stones in the form of a Boveda the same stones have been used as flooring.
The belfry with bell is from the 18th century
All this area could be used for company meetings or weddings as it is consecrated.
There is also an old building that hes been converted into a 60m2 apartment that has a kitchen/living room, bathroom and bedroom.
There is a deposit buried underground that holds tha heating intalations.
There is aproved a project to set up a large ndustrial marque for weddings events etc. It has a permission from the town council and has also been approved by the National trust.
Land plot over 2 acres walled betwwen 6 and 9 feet high.
There is a stream at the bottom of the land. It also has a spring which comes out of a lions head gargoyl that is reputed to have medicinal powers.
It is in A Capela in the town council of Rianxo
The comunications are excellent: 110 km to La Coruña; 30 to Santiago; 35 to Pontevedra; 10 to Padron: It has a tipical microclimate from the Rias Baixas where the temperatura is about 4ºC warmer than surrounding areas
Taxes not included. Publication for informative purposes, not binding or contractual. May contain errors or be subject to variation
Exclusive sale through Galician Country Homes.