Pazo (Stately home) from the XIII century with 55 acres of land with Vineyards.
This Pazo has as do all Galician Pazos the heraldic coat of arms of the family that owned it built in to the front wall of the building. The whole of its history is well documented in the archives of the city of Lugo,
The whole of the roof has been changed lately,
It has electric supply, town water and main drains. It also has three springs on the land.
It is totally walled with a high stone wall que assures absolute privacy.
The main building has a footprint of 900 m2 and has 10 bedrooms and two bathrooms.
It is three floors high semi restored and has an architects project for the restauration.
The Chapel has been totally restored.
The total plot size is 22.1505 m2; 55.37 acres. The plot is planted with many fruit trees: apples, pears, figs, kiwis, plums, and peaches. It also has walnuts, chestnuts, birches, oaks etc.
In the plot there is a section of 12 hectares that had Vineyards and could be planted again and at this moment there is a section of vineyard in full production and lately yjeowners have planted another section with young vines from the Ribeira Sacra with Denomination of Origen.
The vines are of the species Garnacha and Mencia that are highly praised throughout the world.
One could recover all 12 hectares in the future which would be a very profitable business.
One of the springs feeds a large reserve pond.
The property is situated 10km from Monforte de Lemos; 27 from Ourense and 85 km from Lugo. And is situated on the winter Jacobean pilgrim Route.
The property has a long history but to summarize:
The first time that it was named in documents was in the year 1376 in a document that testifies that the abbess of Ferreiros gave the noble title and lands to the prole of Alfonso Perez de Goian and the inheritance of Goian.
The property has always been connected with noble lines concerned with politics and culture throughout the course of history.
The property belonged to the Duque de Sagro who was related to the Somoza family and since 1548 it has been in their family until 1748 when the Galician noble Jose Benito Montenegro took possession and at a later date it returned to the Somoza family who are still the owners.
Taxes not included. Publication for informative purposes, not binding or contractual. May contain errors or be subject to variation
Exclusive sale through Galician Country Homes.