TWO HOUSES SIDE BY SIDE ON THE NORTHERN ROUTE IN MONDOÑEDO
SITUATION OF THE PROPERTIES
They are two consecutive houses in Rua Riguiera, which borders the Cathedral square. The facades are in the middle of the Camiño Norte at the exit of the historic centre. Less than 200 metres from the Cathedral.
One of the houses dates from 1880 and has a built area of 166 m2 according to the land registry and is on a plot of 296 m2. The access is through the house.
The other house dates from 1817 and has an area of 79 m2 according to the land registry. Both houses are attached to each other.
According to an architects report both houses have roofs in good condition and need a cleaning of their gutters and possibly repositioning of some slate pieces.
The facades of the houses are in good condition and are made of slate stone covered with cement and painted with white plastic paint.
The only drawback of both houses is that they are partially buried at the rear and one side facades. The architect says that this is easy to solve by making a perimeter drainage system that would solve the problem and repainting the interior with a porous paint.
The floors are in good condition, with noble finishes of cherry in the larger house and chestnut in the other. In both houses the beams are chestnut.
The walls of both houses are in good condition and painted with whitewash except for some walls against the rear façade which are covered with PVC.
The bathrooms and kitchens are tiled with ceramic tiles.
Both have an interior patio tiled with ceramic tiles which connects the furniture.
There is an adjoiningplot of 130m2.
POSSIBILITY OF FUNCTIONING AS A PILGRIMS’ HOSTEL.
1. It could easily be adapted to comply with Decree 48/2016, of 21 April, which establishes the management of tourist hostels.
2. Counting with 4 rooms in one building and 3 in the other the capacity could range between 20 and 30 places, placing bunk beds in rooms for multiple use.
3. The common services could be located in the larger building where there is already a kitchen on the first floor with access to an outside building.
4. The above mentioned damage to the rear façades would need to be repaired.
5. In addition, the renovation of the electrical installation, a reform of the bathrooms and some minor modifications in the distribution would be necessary.
These properties would also be ideal for two groups of friends who wish to live close to each other.
Taxes not included. Publication for informative purposes, not binding or contractual. May contain errors or be subject to variation
Exclusive sale through Galician Country Homes.